Communications play a major role in the everyday functions of our business and personal lives, and none more so than when we are away from our business headquarters or our loved ones. Being able to communicate regularly is especially important for those people who work away from home for long periods of time and at sea, having reliable communications is paramount for the health, safety and peace of mind of crew and passengers alike.
On land, it’s easy to keep in touch, mobiles, email, social networking sites and even traditional telephony enables the average person to be in contact 24x7x365 if they so choose; if any of one these contact solutions fails, you can simply switch to another one, it’s easy.
At sea, it’s a completely different story and not so easy. Communications are limited to whatever is available on board and if that fails well, what do you do then?
That’s why it’s good to know that fast, secure and reliable maritime satellite broadband is available from BusinessCom Networks.
The BusinessCom Networks solution offers:
- Flexible month-to-month contract options without long term commitment
- Guaranteed core network availability of 99.2% with Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Global coverage on 16 Ku-Band satellite beams
- Redundant satellite coverage with automatic switchover to backup satellites in major cruising areas
- Unlimited traffic service
- Maximum security with 256-bit AES satellite link encryption
- Shared and Dedicated bandwidth service options
- Enhanced redundancy hardware options
- Service includes 2 voice lines, fax and inbound phone numbers custom tailored to your requirements
- Based on the latest iDirect® Evolution DVB-S2 platform with Adaptive Coding & Modulation technology that provides maximum link availability and data throughput all the time
- Increased resilience against blind spots and adverse weather conditions
- Compatible with all major stabilized antenna systems: Intellian, SeaTel Cobham, Orbit and many others