Tunisia boasts one of the most sophisticated and developed telecommunications infrastructures on the African continent. Backed by the government, the development of ICT and Internet access is seen as a pivotal part of the Tunisian economy, which is in the process of reform. The administration is very keen to develop communications that will enable it to deliver effective e-commerce, e-learning and e-health services. It is also very concerned with bridging the Digital Divide that still exists in the country, despite its advanced state in relation to other African nations.
Tunisia satellite Internet access
The population of Tunisia stands at just under 11.5 million and Internet penetration is at 50.5 percent, but the introduction of the mobile phone has had a significant impact on the telecoms landscape in the country. Mobile phone ownership is very high and it is a vibrant marketplace for 3G and mobile Internet. At this point, however, 3G is mostly available in coastal areas where the main centres of population are based.
The Tunisian economy is focused upon oil, phosphates, agri-food products, car part manufacturing and tourism, which has sadly seen a dip in revenue after the 2015 terrorist attacks.
In order to develop the services and the network expansion that is so important to the Tunisian government and to businesses, solutions that can provide solid, reliable and cost-effective access to high speed Internet and communications are essential. In terms of achieving the bridging of the Digital Divide, easily deployable and scalable solutions will be vital. BusinessCom Networks can deliver comprehensive solutions throughout Tunisia that will deliver the right solutions to whoever requires them, whether that is an enterprise, an organisation, an MNO or a remote community.
BusinessCom’s satellite internet in Algeria offers the following services:
- Broadband Internet access
- Toll quality VoIP and Videoconferencing with CIR
- Reliable SLA through FDMA and D-TDMA with 98% efficiency on payload
- Star, Mesh and hybrid Star/Mesh topology networks
- Full support of accelerated VPN, CITRIX, ERM and other business applications
- Highly secure operation with optional AES embedded encryption
- Global C-Band coverage and sub-Sahara Ku-Band
- Landing at top tier redundant IP facilities in Western Europe and United States
- Sentinel-based QoS, bandwidth management and optimization platform